Sapa is a small, mountain town in Lao Cai Province. It is located about 350 km northwest of Hanoi, close to the Chinese border. Here’s where you’ll find the Hoang Lien Son range of mountains, which includes Fan Si Pan—the country’s highest peak. This quiet Vietnamese town is home to different ethnic tribal groups. There are five main ethnic groups in Sapa: the Hmong, Dao, Tay, Giay and Xa Pho. It is said that Sapa was first occupied by the first four groups, since the Vietnamese from the lowlands (better known as the Kinh) did not colonise the highest valleys. These days, Sapa welcomes a diverse range of visitors, attracted by the highland tribes, iconic rice paddies and forest treks. The whole area is blessed with awe-inspiring natural beauty.
Option 1: Sleeping Bus
21:00 – 21:30: Get pick up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
Duration about 6 hours. You arrive Sapa in the early morning but can sleep on the bus until 6:00am
Hanoi—— 6 hours —-> Sapa
21:00 Bus 6:00
Option 2: Sapa – Hanoi by Overnight Train
21:00: Ready at the train station
22:00: Depart to Sapa by overnight train
Arrive Lao Cai Train Station next day morning, get pick up by the guide for the transfer bus to Sapa town
Hanoi — 7 hours –> Lao Cai — 45′ ––> Sapa
22:00 Train 5:30 Bus 6:30
Day 1: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (Meals: B, L, D)
6:00: Arrive Sapa in the early morning, sleep on the bus until 6:00am. Get pick up from the bus/train station to Hotel in Sapa.
6:30: Early check in is possible when you arrive if the room available, otherwise we will provide you a public room where you can have shower. Have breakfast and free time to explore Sapa’s morning market before starting our trip.
Start the trip at 9:30 AM as below.
9:30: Start the day with 6km of walking down to the Southeast of Sapa along Muong Hoa Valley to Y Linh Ho village, the home of the Black H’mong. Then, you will continue walking for another 3km down to Lao Chai village. Stop at the village for lunch. After lunch, continue trekking through the rice terraces to Ta Van village of the Dzay. Here you have opportunity to experience their daily home life, work and original custom. Relaxing or taking the picture with Rattan Bridge, mountainous sight-seeing…Come back to Sapa town by mini bus
- Bus/ Train Station pick up
- Trekking difficulty: 6/10
- Distance: 12km of trekking
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
Overnight in hotel in Sapa town
Day 2: Sapa – Cat Cat – Sin Chai. Sapa – Hanoi by Bus/ Train (Meals: B, L)
7:00 – 8:00: Have breakfast at hotel, check out the room and prepare light pack for trekking. (Big luggage keep in hotel store)
9:30: You offer yourself a walk down to the South-west of Sapa (around 4 km) to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong.
Relax at the food of the stunning waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric power station that was constructed by the French during the colonial time in Vietnam.
12:00 – 12:30: Enjoy lunch and then next 3 km to Sin Chai, the village located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain, “the roof of Vietnam and Indochina”. From here you can enjoy huge stunning landscapes before climbing up on the way a jeep to return to Sapa.
14:00: Tours end. Take a fresh shower in the hotel or have free time in Sapa
- Trekking level: 4/10
- 7 km trekking, 3km driving from Cat Cat back to Sapa
- Bus/ Train Station drop off
TRANSFER TO HANOI
Option 1: Sleeping Bus
15:00: Drop you off at the bus station
21:30: Arrive in Hanoi Old Quarter
Option 2: Overnight train
17:00 PM: Get pick up then tranfer by bus to the train station. The tourist guide will see you off at train station.
21:10 PM: Depart to Hanoi by overnight train
Arrive in Hanoi Old Quarter next day in the early morning (5:30 – 6:00am)
- This price in the table as below is only apply for the group from 2 people. Single traveler please contact us for the most suitable budget plan.
- The price in the table as below is apply for the package go with 2 ways tranfer by Sleeping Bus (Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi)
- Optional: Tranfer by Train + 20$/1pax/1way
( 1 nights )
|Roxana Sapa Hotel
|Sapa Vista Hotel
– Transfer 2 ways Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi (By sleeping bus or night train depend on your choice)
– English speaking guide during the tour (enthusiastic, experienced)
– Meals indicated (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner) .
– Entrance fees ticket to inicated site.
– Accomodation as mentioned
– Other personal expenses (tip, drinks,..)
– Anything not mentioned above.