How to get to Cat Ba island from Hanoi Capital ?
Travel distance from Hanoi to Cat Ba Island is about 160 km
Today, i will share for you some ways to get to Cat ba island :
- Booking Combo Package Bus + Speed Boat + Bus to Catba (recommended for the most economical way)
With one combo package ticket, we will take care all the logistic of your journey from Hanoi to Cat Ba island. The advantage of this package is the pick up at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to Hai Phong city by Share – Tourist – Van (not local public bus) before catching speed boat to Cat Ba town which make your trip more comfortable and faster.
Hanoi => Hai Phong : 2.5hour by bus
Hai Phong => Cat Ba Harbor : 45 minutes by speedboat
Cat Ba Harbor => Cat Ba island central : 45 minutes by Bus
For the return way, we will drop you at any hotel in Hanoi. This also aims to avoid taxi scams at local bus station in Hanoi.
Free pickup: Free pick up if your hotel located in Hanoi oldquarter . If yours is not, please be at Hanoi Opera House
Bus Timetable : From Hanoi – Cat Ba island: Am : 7:30 and 11:00 – Pm : 14:00
From Cat Ba island – Hanoi: Am : 08:30, 12:00 – Pm: 15:30
Duration: 3.5 – 4.0 hours
Cost: 15 USD/person/one way
For booking, please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Or urgent booking call : +84(0) 986 635 986
– For instant confirmation, please make it clear in your email: Travel date, group size, departure time, hotel address, your booking name, one or 2 ways ticket.
– if you do not have any hotel in Hanoi, please come to our Agency to keep the bags for free .
2. Train + Speedboat + Bus to Cat Ba ( slowly way )
first step – Train from Hanoi to Hai Phong
– travel by train from Hanoi to Hai Phong takes about 2,5 hours
– train ticket price is about $3-4 (seat)
– Railway station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
– Railway station in Hai Phong – Hai Phong Railway Station (75 Lương Khánh Thiện)
second step – Speedboat from Hai Phong (Pha Binh port) to Cat Ba Island
– travel by speedboat from Hai Phong to the Cat Ba Island takes about 1 hour
– Pha Binh port in Hai Phong (4 Bến Bính)
– this boat go to the Cat Ba Pier (Cat Ba Island)
– boat/ferry ticket price is about $10